**Please note, MSCU’s $50 application fee (new families) and $400 enrollment fee (all families) is non-refundable. If financial aid is essential to your enrollment decision, please do not pay the enrollment fee or new family application fee until you have received a financial aid decision. Decisions will be sent in late March.**
Please notify MSCU at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID FOR THE 2020-21 ACADEMIC YEAR
MSCU is partnering with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our financial aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the financial aid process. They can be found at sssbynais.org/parents. MSCU will communicate our financial aid decision to you. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget.
The deadline to apply for financial aid is March 22, 2020 by 11:59pm.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE PARENTS’ FINANCIAL STATEMENT (PFS) ONLINE
- Go to https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2020-2021. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment Screen. The fee of $51 is nonrefundable payable to SSS. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access in The PFS Online to a section called “My Documents”. You can upload the additional documents we require there.
HOW TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ONLINE
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Return to the PFS Online and login.
- Select the Academic Year 2020-2021 button.
- From the PFS Online, click on the “My Documents” tab.
- On the “My Documents” page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the “Required Documents” section of the PFS clicking either the upload Button or the hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
If you wish to submit required document by mail, send to School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. For overnight service, use: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021. If you need help completing the PFS, contact SSS customer service at (800)344-8328.
HERE’S THE KEY INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR SCHOOL AS YOU COMPLETE THIS FORM:
Our school’s full name: Montessori School of Champaign-Urbana
Contact for information at MSCU: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our School’s SSS code: 9184
Due date for completing the PFS: March 22, 2020
Documents required, in addition to the PFS: 2019 W2 Form and 1040 2019 Tax Form